Softphone service is a telephone application based on software thus the name ‘Softphone.’ It is a combination of two terms: Soft and the Phone. The “soft” stands for the software while the phone means “telephone” or just “phone.” Together, it gives us the meaning of software phones.
Let’s have a brief look at our Softphone application:
- A softphone app can be used to make calls and receive calls.
- A softphone app can be used on any laptop/PC or computer device.
- Network softphones allow free calls between them.
- All the phone functions are allowed.
- Allows encrypted calls as well upon request (extra costs).
- The relevant application must be downloaded on Android and iPhone. Once the app is installed on the phone, scan the QR code shown on the account portal for account provisioning.
- Allows integration of contact lists available on cellular devices.