1. Make sure your SIM card is properly installed. You must have unlocked GSM phone
to use OneSIM card, and the phone should support the network frequency
. In Japan and South Korea you should have a 3G phone.
2. Make sure you are getting a network signal. Sometimes the network connection got lost. Take the battery out for a minute and put it back in. That should renew the network signal. If that did not help, find the network menu on your handset, select the "search network manually" option, and select a network with good signal from the list of networks. If you still can not find a network, and you have the original SIM from your carrier with you, try to insert it, and see if you can get a network signal. If you are getting a network signal, it is possible pbxme does not have a network agreement with the network in your area.
3. If there is no coverage or network not available, yet you know mobile services exist in the area. It is possible that pbxme does not have roaming agreements in that country. In USA we have agreements both with AT&T and T-Mobile.
4. Make sure you have credit in your account allowing you to make calls or receive calls. Credit is required in your account to receive inbound calls for non free roaming countries.
5. The OneSIM card may be incompatible with certain handsets in it’s default mode. There is an entry for “Callback Application” in the SIM Menu. This will normally have a * digit before it to show that the Application is functioning correctly. If it has a \ digit in place of the * this means that the handset does not support the special Callback Application that is loaded onto the OneSIM card. If you suspect that there are handset compatibility issues then it is necessary to dial a # after the telephone number when making a call. Do not however go into this menu and deactivate the Callback Application.
Cannot make calls in USA Top
1. Verify on the "Select Location" (sometimes called "Roaming Services") application, under the "Profile" (Sometimes called "SIM Menu") menu on your phone, you are set to "USA".
2. Your SIM card is working on any GSM or 3G network. However, in USA T-Mobile is the preferred network and it is highly recommended to switch manually to T-Mobile network. The "network selection" menu is usually under Settings --> phone settings, or something similar, depending on your phone.
In some countries it is better to use the following preferred networks to get the best quality reception. Follow the instructions above how to switch networks manually. When you leave a country you searched for a network manually, don’t forget to set your phone back to automatic detection of a network, so it will find a network automatically on your next destination.
France: SFR or Orange
Russia: Tele2 or MTS
Ukraine: Kyivstar GSM JSC, MTS Ukraina or Astelit
Italy: TIM (must select)
Japan: DoComo (must select)